Today is Ash Wednesday. I am planning to go to noon mass. It's already been a day. Number 4 and I went to counseling. He's feeling much more comfortable behavior wise and much less willing to speak. This month we will be working on positive self talk. We are also going to work on better behavior routines in the morning and at bedtime. Lately, there has been a lot of drama.
I prayed about my lenten sacrifice. I received a pretty powerful response that I should take care of myself. I plan to drink less pop and limit alcohol to special occasions like my birthday, I also going to limit processed foods and up my intake of fruits and veggies. I am giving up facebook. I'll be limiting my blogreading and focus more on writing my thoughts and ideas instead of living vicariously through the words of others. I'll continue to read the Magnificat, try to attend a daily mass per week and pray the rosary with my family and during the quiet moments I find. I am participating in a Bible study so I really don't want to pile on more reading that I won't do.
The Magnificat companion for the year of faith has great suggestions for lent which include adoration time, daily mass, and scripture reflection. I'm going to use it as my template and see how I do. As a frequent book purchaser, it is good for me to use what I have instead of seeking out more to put on my plate.
I offer all of this lent to Jesus through Mary in union with St. Joseph.
No comments:
Post a Comment