All for the Sacred and Eucharistic Heart of Jesus, all through the Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary, all in Union with Saint Joseph.

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Lincoln

     Yesterday was my amazing husband, Bob's birthday.  He took the day off.  Unfortunately, he was feeling kind of crummy so our activity plans were limited.  I volunteered t school in the morning.  I was able to show off our amazing school to prospective families.  Afterwards, I came home and hoped hubby was up for something fun to do.  We decided on the movie, "Lincoln."  Bob had wanted to see it, so off we went.
  The movie was very powerful, vintage Spielberg.  There were so many powerful characters, lines and scenes.  Even though, I knew the end of the movie, I still cried.  I was that hooked with Daniel Day Lewis' portrayal of Lincoln.  I wish there were more movies like this.  The kind that make you think, help you learn about the past, and realize how hard our forefathers worked to establish the country we live in today.
  We celebrated Bob with a yummy dinner and all of the kids were home.  That always makes it extra special.  Bob opened his gifts and was thrilled to find a personalized blanket and calendar.  I was sneaky and made the calendar to start in February so that I could include pictures from Christmas 2013.
All in all it was a fantastic day.

No comments:

Post a Comment